Sunday, November 25, 2007

What Ale's me?


This fall is turning out to be a real challenge in terms of getting the consistent running in that I'd like to.

Work has been busy, and I've been doing a bit of traveling which was not anticipated.

Now I find myself sick and out of commission! I woke up with it on Friday and sitting here blogging on Sunday night, I don't think I've reached the apex of the sickness. I'm hoping I wake up tomorrow and things have made a turn for the better, but we'll see.

We had an arctic blast hit Dallas on Wed. It was 75 degrees on my way in to work, and by that night, temps were in the low 40s. A drastic change like that is bound to bring out the bug in you assuming you've already been exposed, and with my entire office and kids sick for the past month, it was only a matter of time before I succumbed.

I went out in 39 degree weather for a great tempo run on Thursday morning. That must have done it for me.

I was able to get an easy spin in on the trainer on Friday, and tried to go for a light jog on the treadmill tonight (Sunday), but I wasn't feeling it, and bagged it after 20 mins.

I had my eyes on taking my wife's entry into the white rock half marathon in 2 weeks and going for my sub 2 hr goal, but I've missed my long run two weeks in a row, and think I ought to stick to the original plan of shooting for the Houston Half Marry.

No comments: