Saturday, July 26, 2008

Training in Austin

I'm back in Austin for the weekend, and brought my running shoes and bike with me.

I got in a short run down at Town Lake in downtown Austin this morning. I've said it here before; it is my favorite place to run. Crushed clay trails, amazing views, and lots of people make for the best people watching you could imagine. The miles fly by. Run Tex, the big local running shoes store puts about a dozen jugs of ice water out every Sat and Sun morning, and they are placed at two strategic spots on each side of the lake about 2 miles apart.

I'll tackle the hills on the bike tomorrow morning. Hope to get in about 2 hours or so before we head home.

It is hard to believe, but the weather is a few degrees cooler here, which makes all the difference in the world. I'm looking down at my Accuweather Firefox add-on bar on the bottom of my browser, and it says it is 100 in Dallas right now with a real feel of 102, and will be 104 tomorrow. By contrast, it is only 97 in Austin right now, and is supposed to be 96 tomorrow.

Safe training!

No comments: