Sunday, August 31, 2008

Get out the Door, Please

Update:

I "got out the door" at 9am and had the best long ride I've had this training cycle. Legs felt good, low back allowed me to stay down on the bar for the entire ride, and I had a fast and comfortable transition run of 2 miles afterwards.

There was some cloud coverage which helped.

Now I'm just sipping endurox recovery watching my girl Hillary stalk Lisbeth Christiansen at IMKY. Could this be her first IM win? Hope so!!!
-----------------------------------------------------------------
It is 8:00am on Sunday and I'm hurting from yesterday/last night.

Yesterday's run ended up being at an effort level that was probably a bit too much. I didn't recover from it as well as I should have.

That effort coupled with a late night out to dinner with friends, and I'm dragging this morning.

It is supposed to be 96 degrees today, and if I don't get out the door in the next hour, I'm going to cook myself. I've got a 50 mile ride, and a 2 mile transition run on the schedule today. It might end up being a long day on the trainer upstairs if I can't get it going soon.

Here is the swim workout from yesterday (in a 25 Meter pool)

1000 swim
5x400 odds swim, evens pull on 6:30
300 warm down

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I know how you feel, buddy. I'm always dragging a bit on Sunday mornings! It's 10am, and I'm just now thinking about getting out the door