Saturday, September 13, 2008

Recall on Look Pedals

I heard a couple of weeks ago about a recall on Look Keo pedals and found this website that had info about the pedals impacted, the manufacture dates in which the faulty pedals were made and some other relevant info.

I took notice because I have Look Keo pedals and purchased them in the window that Look suggested might correlate to the faulty pedals.

I knew I had Look Keo Carbon pedals, but couldn't tell if I had the Chromoly or the TI pair.

Turns out I have the Chromoly, and they have been recalled. You can tell by looking on the bottom of the pedal. There is a little circle with numbers and an arrow in the middle. There are two numbers, one on each side of the arrow. One is a zero. If the other is a 5, they're bad.

My bike store will have replacement spindals in on Wed, so I'll get them replaced next weekend. This weekend, I'm getting a new chain, and having my bike store re-glue my tubulars. They need a little realligning.

No comments: