Sunday, September 7, 2008

What a Tri Week!!!

I just finished up my Peak training week earlier today, and my friend Hillary put the cherry on top with her first place finish at IM Wisconsin. I believe this was her 30th or 31st ironman, but it was her first win. Way to go Hill!

So I logged 15.1 hours of training this week. I swam 8,200 yards, biked 129 miles, and ran 24 miles. I felt stronger as the week went on. I did my 3.5 hour long ride today, and was strong the entire way through. My speed is up, my HR is down, and I'm noticing that my speed at a given wattage is going up, which is likely due to dropping some weight.

I'm down to 173 lbs, which is the lightest I've weighed since before I graduated from college I believe. It is amazing how these 8-10 lbs have made running so much easier.

I've got a recovery week coming up here before I enter in to two weeks of build where I can start working on a little more speed. I plan to focus on stretching and eating very clean this week.

Good times!

No comments: