Thursday, November 13, 2008

Back in the Water

My Masters swim team has been swimming at an alternate facility at super early times for the past 3 weeks while the bubble was being installed over the regular pool at Northlake Community College. It was supposed to be a 1 week install job, but they bought a new bubble for this winter and with it came installation troubles.

So I've only been in the water twice since Longhorn on Oct 5th, and only one of those swims was a propper workout.

This morning was the first day that the normal pool was back and business, which meant I was too.

I've got to say, I felt terrible in the water. Slow, weak, and sloppy. But I managed to get in 3,800 yards, and feel like it will come back quick.

When my swimming is going well, it is always a sign that the rest of my training is going well. I'm not sure why, and could probably spin a chicken and egg story if I had the time, but the two always seem to go hand-in-hand.

Here was the workout:

400 swim, 400 pull, 300 kick, 100 swim
5x200 swim even paced for all 5 (30 secs rest)
4x300 swim with fins descend 1-4 (30 sec rest)
400 warm down

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Advice of the week:
I think airline stocks are severly undervalued right now, and see a buying opportunity. The only thing to be weary of are airlines that hedged over the summer in a manner that puts their price floor on their collars $20+ above the prompt month price. They will have liquidity problems in 1Q09.

No comments: