Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Florida 70.3

I just signed up for the Florida 70.3 race on May 17th. I was looking for a big race to get excited about in the Spring, and hope this will be the one.

I realize there will be challenges with getting in the riding necessary to excel at this thing. The weather doesn't typically get enjoyable here for riding until late March, and there isn't enough light in the day for me to do many mid week rides outside until around the middle to end of April, so that is going to be my challenge, but I'll do the best I can.

I'm looking at the possibility of doing a week long camp in a part of the country where the weather is a bit nicer, and will allow me to pack 2-3 times my normal weeks swimming and biking volume over the course of a week to take my riding forward a few levels, and to get me right for something as challenging as a 70.3, but that is all just a thought at this point. Not sure if I'll make it happen.

The Florida trip sounds awesome. We just used hotel points and will be staying at the Swan Hotel on the Disney property. We got two rooms, and are asking my in-laws to come down to help us with the kids. Our newest addition to the family joins us in a little over a month, so Elise will be very little when we are there and having an extra set of hands and someone to stay back at the hotel while we are park hopping with Reagan and maybe Jake will make the weekend more enjoyable for all.

Should be a good time. For now, I'm focussed on the running, and David is guiding me through this phase. We'll keep the swimming and biking on low for now, but will try not to neglect it despite colder weather.

No comments: