Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Computer Down

On Wednesday night, my computer went into hybernation mode and never came out. I called HP and they said this was a known glitch with HP Pavillion laptops and to send it in. All of my data on the computer is going to get whiped out, but luckily I was able to get the Geek Squad guys to back the data up.

Needless to say, putting the computer back the way I want it with my files in theright places, and all of the software I'd loaded back onto it is going to be a major undertaking.

With all of this, I'm running a little silent and will not be back and at it for another couple of weeks.

The funny thing about all of this is that I'm most concerned with loosing my workout data. I'd got WKO+ the way I wanted it, and it was really starting to reveal some interesting things about my training. As long as I can get that back up to par, I can live with the rest.

2 comments:

kxux said...

If you have backup of the WKO+ data folders you should be fine. The backup should preserve all the settings and graphs. You just need to contact PeaksWare to get a new license which is a matter of one day for them to respond. I had to do this few times when I changed computers. Good luck.

Dinger said...

Thanks for the heads up. I wondered if I'd need another unique identifier code to download wko again. Makes sense.