Tuesday, December 16, 2008

My New Daughter

By this time tomorrow god willing, my wife and I will be tucked away safe in the maternity ward getting settled in, and my baby girl Elise will be all clean, measured, weighed, and in our arms.

All has gone very well with the pregnancy and we can't wait for our little Christmas present to be delivered.

Reagan can't wait to have a baby sister she can dote on, and Jake is looking for anything that moves so he can smash (he is actually quite gentle with babies to our surprise).

It will be a hectic couple of weeks, but this time of year always is and we welcome it.

We have such amazing friends and families and it is overwhelming to be so spoiled by their help, encouragement, and kindness.

I'm not overly spiritual, but realize that what goes on in making a family is far too complex and beautiful for it to be pure luck, so I'll pray that we continue to be blessed on our big day tomorrow, and hope you will do the same.

Photos to come this weekend, hopefully.

No comments: