Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Bold in the Cold 15K Preview

This Saturday, I'll be running the Bold in the Cold 15K in Grapevine, Texas. The weather is looking to be a bit on the chilly side, but it should be okay.

I'm curious to see where I am. I've got a good bit of miles on my legs over the past few months, but am not sure where my overall fitness is. I'm up a few pounds from my last road race, which could come back to haunt me.

The game plan will be to get out fast in the mid 8's, and to bring it down to the low 8's and hang on. There are going to be hills which will mess with the splits a bit, but I'll focus on the effort and hope it smoothes out.

I'll post the race report over the weekend.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I've got a good feeling about this race for you. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with the results. Yes, the hills will mess with the splits, but that's OK. We just want you to see if you can hold a good high intensity for 9.3 miles!