Sunday, September 30, 2007

9.28 Weekend Recap and Observations

Another weekend nearly in the bag. I did a 6 mi run on Sat morning over on the trails on the south side of Lake Grapevine. This was my weekly long run, although 6 miles is hardly a “long run.” In due time. This morning I rode 35 miles around the south east side of Lake Grapevine. It was the first ride I have done since my last Oly Tri 2 weeks ago. I felt sloppy, and my HR was pretty high given the wattage I was putting out. I guess riding once a week for the rest of the fall/winter is not going to remedy this problem, but I have to remind myself that riding is not the focus right now.

So I ran 16 miles this week, which will be the starting point for my slow climb up to 30+ miles per week. I’m trying to follow the “10% rule” and build it up gradually with every third week backing it down.

The lifting is going well. I’m already seeing benefits, particularly in my core. The good thing is that I’m stronger this time when compared to the last time I entered a strength training phase.

And now for my weekend observations:

- USC looked sloppy against Wash and will not beat Cal or Oregon on the road playing like that

- If FL beats LSU next weekend, the USC v Cal game on 11.10 could be a #1 v #2 matchup

- 2 year old lips bleed like stuck pigs when they bump them

- All is well in Big D with the Cowboys playing like this

- I still love guacamole

- I look strange running with an ipod, garmin 205 GPS wrist monitor, and helium fuel belt on. Especially for only 6 miles

Have a good week everyone.

2 comments:

Brenda said...

20,000+ yards... insane... I'd be impressed if I could do that in a week.

Watch out for my UC Bearcats!

Dinger said...

The Bearcats have already shown the Pac-10 that they can play. I'm a believer.