Thursday, October 4, 2007

Hoops Lose Again

I went to the US Open Cup Finals last night at Pizza Hut Park in Frisco Texas. For those who don't know, I am a bit of a soccer fan. I had a room mate one summer in college who was on my school's varsity soccer team, and it happened to be the summer of the 1998 World Cup. I watched all of the Cup games with him, and he gave me some insight on strategy and the star international players. with that background, I was soon hooked.

My favorite side here domestically is FC Dallas, and I try to go to a handful of games every year. FC Dallas (aka the Hoops) played host to the New England revolution last night, and lost 2-3. For the most part, it was an entertaining game. The highlight in my mind was the return of Kenny Cooper, the young Dallas native striker who was returning from a fractured Tibia. He only played the last 20 mins and didn't do much, but it was good to see him back. He was given a standing ovation as he entered the game by the fans in the know.

Training is going alright this week. I missed my swim for the second week in a row last night in order to go to the game. Since I have to be home tonight so my wife can go to Bunko, and got home too late last night to allow for an early rise this AM, I'm taking my rest day today and will do my run and lift tomorrow.

This weekend, I've got another long run and ride planned. My good buddy Woody is getting married on Sat, and I'll see some College friends I haven't seen in years. I'll have to put myself on hangover watch on Sat night so that I can still get out there for the ride on Sun.

Have a good weekend everyone. If your training this weekend, go get it.

1 comment:

M.Coburn said...

Sweet! Soccer! I'll have to tell you about my days playing against Jason Kreis in High School. Hope all is well. I'm getting excited to watch Hawaii next weekend. One of these days I'll get back into the training schedule.