Saturday, October 27, 2007

Missed Motivation Station

What's up all? Its Saturday evening, everyone is off to bed and I've found some time to drop a note on the blog.

This was an interesting week from a workout perspective. I was swamped on Monday getting caught up after being out a week in Puerto Rico, and had a huge presentation to give on Tuesday, so I couldn't get my mind focussed on training in the first half of the week. For some reason, when stress levels are high I am great at talking myself out of sticking to the plan.

With motivation running low, I didn't get back out to run until Thursday night, and even then, I started my run at 8:30pm and had a Shiner Bock and one Margarita in my system from an after work networking function I was the host of, and therefor could not get out of.

My Friday run was very encouraging. The weather is now cool in North Texas and with that, I can comfortably throw down a bit of speed. I did a 4 mi tempo run, running a 9:52, 9:18, 8:33, then a 4:33 half mi before slowing to a cool down. Averaged 9:23 for the entire run.

Today I was a bit gimpy from the run, so I took it slow in hopes of being able to recover for my 10 miler tomorrow. I know 4 runs in a row, and what is scheduled to be 7 runs in 8 days is not healthy, so we'll see how I feel.

Many of you know I've been dealing with a bad case of plantar fascitis since April of this year. It just won't go away, but I could probably do more to get it better. I just sat with my foot in a tub of ice water for a while, and that seems to helped. We'll see how tomorrow goes.

I'm loving the weather. It is long sleeve dry fit, shorts, and a hat weather. Awesome! If anyone has any ideas on how to stay motivated, I'd love to learn your tricks. I can't get out of bed to train in the morning, am having a hard time getting away in the middle of the day, and have wishy-washy will power in the evening. HELP!!!

No comments: