Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Old College Habits

In honor of the theme for this weekends Old College Tri event, I seem to have done my best to replicate my old college habits, and somehow did not get registered for the event.

Not sure how it happened. I remember going to active.com, estimating my 300M swim time and everything, but was perplexed when I didn't get any packet pickup info the week leading up to the race. I checked active.com, and there was no record of my transaction.

I'll check my credit card and email confirms tonight when I get home, but I must not have clicked the last submit button or something. Of course, the race is sold out. I rode with the race organizer last Sunday, and overheard him tell someone to email if he wanted to get in the race, so I could probably get in. The swim is in a pool, and I'd likely get put at the back of the pack which would make for a miserable 4 minutes of climbing over bodies, and I'm not sure I'm up for it.

We'll see. I may just go and volunteer instead.

-----UPDATE-----

Turns out I did sign up. Active.com billed me, but did not notify the race director. So I am not crazy. Wish me luck in getting a refund from Active.com.

No comments: