Thursday, May 1, 2008

In a Groove

I've been pretty consistent now for about 3 weeks, and am starting to feel like I'm building some fitness. Work has been pretty consistently predictable for a good stretch now, which no doubt helped with making all of my planned sessions.

I did my group ride/swim double again last night, and smacked it pretty good. I've logged a little over 200 miles on the bike over the last 2 weeks, and this group ride is my best weekly barometer for how I'm doing.

I've gone from being able to push 178 watts at a 161 HR which is about midway in Zone 4 for me back on March 12th, to pushing 185 watts at a 152 HR last night for the 23 mile ride. A pretty nice improvement. Still not quite as strong as I was in the July/August time period last year, but ahead of where I was this time last year.

We'll see if I can continue to build on these last couple of weeks. There is no doubt in my mind that I can take it to a much higher level. We'll just need to keep laying down some consistent sessions.

No comments: