Sunday, May 25, 2008

Cap Tex Tri

I don't have time for the full race report. We're trying to get ourselves and the kids fed so we can hit the road back to Dallas. We've got to pack for our trip to Europe tomorrow, and are anxious to get back.

I will say this on the race. The swim was measured long, the bike was fast and hectic until I flatted at the end, and the run was a scorcher (the weather, not me). No PR. It wasn't meant to be. I believe I did hold off my amigo Alberto in the run, but we both had issues, it was just so damn hot.

2700 athletes were in the race, and with a 4 loop bike course that was as technical as they come, there was lots of braking for turns and passing.

I did find myself having fun on occassion, but there were lots of little things that bugged me too.

More later.

No comments: