Saturday, May 9, 2009

Florida 70.3 Pre-Preview

One week from tomorrow I toe the line for my 3rd Half Ironman 70.3 distance race. The race will coincide with a family trip to Disney for a week with all three of my kids, wife, and my mother and father in-law.

The week of preparation and travel begins tomorrow when I drop off my bike at Richardson Bikemart where it will be picked up by the tri bike transport guys to make the journey to Orlando.

I'll stop in again early next week with my thoughts on the race. I can broadly summarize my thoughts by saying that I'm not where I hoped to be heading into this race. My training was so inconsistent in the critical build up weeks, that it will certainly have a negative impact on my outcome. I'm hoping I'm not so under prepared that I end up having a miserable experience out there, but only time will tell. I'm not planning on that being the case, and have chosen to focus on a couple of things this time now that I'm just a hair more experienced than last time I tried one of these things. I'll elaborate on these items I'm going to focus on in my next post.

More later...

No comments: