Sunday, May 31, 2009

Trip to Phoenix

With my wife and kids headed down to Houston for a girls weekend, I decided to hop a flight Friday afternoon to Phoenix to visit my brother and his family.

To get a jump on the mid day heat, we went to the Botanical Gardens on Saturday morning to check out the Dale Chihuly sculpted glass exhibit which was aesthetically interspersed with the unique desert vegetation. Please excuse the poor quality photos from my cell phone cam.

Me and my nephew, Daniel



not glass, real flowers!

Brother and his family


After the gardens, we stopped by In-N-Out Burger for me to get my fill on one of my favorite fast food joints I frequented as a kid in Southern California. Double-Double, fries, vanilla shake. Mmmmm!

It turned out the Atlanta Braves were in town playing the Diamondback, so Todd and I headed over to the stadium and were treated to a great game. The ballpark was very impressive.

Chase Field

Famous Outfield Pool


No comments: